Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Addition Cups!

Hi friends! Kelly here from Sweet Sounds of Kindergarten! I'm happy to be here today to share a quick little post and freebie with you :) 

If you're anything like me, you're a little stressed and exhausted this time of the school year! I'm in the middle of getting ready for Open House, report cards, testing, end of the year… My to-do list never seems to end! That being said, I am busting out all sorts of fun activities in my room to try and keep my kiddos engaged… because, let's face it: they have spring fever right now!! 
One of my favorite tried and true math activities in my classroom is my "Math Cups." I created these for my kinders last year, and they were a big hit! I still use them with my firsties this year. 
Here is the original picture that I posted on IG over a year ago :) 

 

The cups basically have holes in the bottom, and my kids drop manipulatives through to practice adding! 
Want to learn how to make your OWN math cups!?? 
Click on the picture above to take you to my original blog post. 


Here's another picture of my first graders using them earlier in the school year. This is a very popular small group activity! 

I also like to have my kiddos use a recording sheet as they are using math cups so I know that they're not just dumping manipulatives through the cups. :) 
I created a quick recording page. You can put these in page protectors, and the kiddos can write on them with a dry erase marker! 



Want to snag these recording sheets for FREE!?? 
Click on the picture below to download your FREE recording pages!! There's even a subtraction version included! 
Don't have time to build your own math cups!?? Kids can still use manipulatives to practice adding along with these worksheets… no cups necessary! 


Thanks for stopping by today friends! I hope you have a great week, and I'll see you next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment