Saturday, November 15, 2014

Stop.. BRAIN BREAK!

Hey ya'll! KinderMolly here.


I don't know about you guys, but Brain Breaks keep me SANE. Sometimes, there are those days, where all you want to do is bang your head against the wall and stare at the clock until it reaches that oh-so perfect hour. 

Sometimes we get into our old routines of simple CDs with songs, or the same-old Youtube videos multiple times a week. One thing I love to do is explore for new and exciting videos for my class. Sure, they could do The Bear Hunt every day for the rest of the year, but I look to engage my children and grow their brains in more than one way. I try to do videos for each and every lesson - I feel THAT is a great way to get kids to remember what you're teaching. 

I want to share some of my favorite videos with you. I'm going to divide them into categories - Literacy, Math, and For Fun. 

Literacy

Alphardy - Great for new learners for letters and letter sounds!


The Alphabet Song (Have Fun Teaching) - Another great alphabet song!


The Phonics Song 2 


Sight Word Song (One of my favorites for later in the year!)


Have Fun Learning Sight Word Videos - This team makes individual videos for sight words. I LOVE using them when introducing a new sight word!


Math

I Can Count To 100 (Mark D. Pencil)


Count to 100 Macarena (Dr. Jean)


Numbers in the Teens (Start with One)


Numbers In The Teens (Have a Group of Ten) - Perfect as a follow up to the above song! :)


3D Shapes (Harry Kindergarten)


For Fun! 

Going on a Bear Hunt - Great for PreK or beginning Kinder!


Just Dance Kids Gummy Bear Song - All of the Just Dance Kids videos are great! I love this one, No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, and Despicable Me!


The Penguin Dance - One of my favorites!


GO NOODLE!

If you don't have a GoNoodle account, go NOW! GoNoodle is an interactive classroom website for students to Brain Break! They have tons of educational and fun videos for your students to do. You create and build a character every time you complete a song. It's so easy and you can use it from your SmartBoard (because your kids will be dying to see your monster and how much he's growing). Some of my favorites include anything from Koo Koo Kangaroo (follow them on Instagram) and anything for Maximo (under GoNoodle icon, the Yoga Monkey)! Best part about it, GoNoodle does not have commercials - something I often worry about when plugging away through Youtube displayed on my giant SmartBoard screen. Click here for GoNoodle!


If you don't use videos in your classroom, you need to! Not only are you dabbling into the technological world that these students are growing up in, you're giving yourself a break as well. I hope you found some useful videos or, if anything, I have inspired you to do some Youtube searching of your own to find your next Brain Break video! Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment